Friday, February 17, 2006

And speaking of causa...

I was reading today's El Comercio and saw a mention of a restaurant in Miraflores that offers 38 different types of hot and cold causas!

I can't imagine that many fillings.

And a hot causa seems very unusual, since one of the key characteristics of causa is precisely the fact that you serve it cold.

Another restaurant to go on my list of places to visit on my next trip to Lima!

So that brings me to my next question: I wonder how many different causas I can eat in, say, a week's visit?

Mi Causa
Avenida La Mar 814, Miraflores
Tuesday to Sunday, 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
222-6258

I know I promised recipes for causa --- I'll be posting them in the next few days.

click here to read more about causa

click here to read some causa recipes in English



Peru.Food@gmail.com
.
.
.



Click here for the Peru Food main page.

TAGS: Peru, Peruvian, food, cooking, cuisine, cocina, comida, gastronomía, peruana

2 comments:

fioISfio said...

Mi Causa was incredible!!! Three of us went while we were in Lima and we regretted so much the fact that we didn't go earlier on our trip. The diversity is amazing and eveything we ordered tasted wonderful! If you are in Lima, be sure you do not miss going to this restaurant!

::Alejandro:: said...

Fio, so glad you liked Mi Causa. Did you take any pictures? If so, send them to me and I'd be glad to put them up. The wonderful thing about causa is that it can be as creative as the chef. And, it's always very tasty. Thanks for the comment.