Sunday, September 24, 2006

Video: Anthony Bourdain in Peru

There's been a buzz on some blogs about chef, writer, and culinary explorer Anthony Bourdain's video of his No Reservations visit to Peru (which aired on the Travel Channel). Gastón Acurio was one of his hosts.

I first read about it on La Picantitos, then on El Amor Por La Cocina, and finally Cooking Diva. When I found another video on Peruvian food at Slashfood, I decided to have a look around You Tube's search options.

Sure enough, Anthony Bourdain's video was uploaded by billycolonia in five installments. And, here it is.



Part 1, Duration 08:58




Part 2, Duration 09:16






Part 3, Duration:08:01







Part 4, Duration: 09:02





Part 5, Duration: 07:47



If you have any trouble with the videos on this page, do a search for bourdain and peru on You Tube.






Peru.Food@gmail.com
.
.
.



Click here for the Peru Food main page.

TAGS: Peru, Peruvian, food, cooking, cuisine, cocina, comida, gastronomía, peruana

4 comments:

Luis Colan said...

Thanks for putting up this TV show on your cite. I have been wanting to see this guy do a piece on Peru but since I don't watch much TV I was not aware that he finally did. Thanks for showing it here...I watched it all and once again I'm filled with pride.

::Alejandro:: said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't see it the original either, but like I mentioned, there was a quite a buzz about it on some blogs, I just had to post it.

Anonymous said...

Hi there:
I saw this show last night (October 14th, 2006), aired on Travel Channel. I run into it almost by accident before going to bed. I really enjoyed it. I used to work in that same jungle lodge few years ago. Nice to see my friend Rodolfo Pesha guiding Anthony, as well as other familiar faces. I miss Tambopata a lot. I would have been nice to see Anthony eating suri (a fat caterpillar), termites, or at least some wild fruits. Anyways, it was good.

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of both Gaston and TOny.

I've actually spent the last two months working in Astrid & Gaston here in Lima.

Great food.