Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mangos!


In Peru, ¡Qué rico mango! has two meanings.

It can refer to how delicious the Peruvian mango you're eating tastes; or, it can mean that someone who catches your eye appears as delicious as a mango.

Notwithstanding the linguistic nuances, there is nothing like a ripe Peruvian mango to whet your appetite.

Succulent, sweet, sensual; it is a feast for all the senses: taste, visual, olfactory.

Mangos are among my favorite fruit; so, when I came across these photos from Giuce at Truxillo Daily Photo, I just had to ask permission to post them.


¡Qué rico mango!





Peru.Food@gmail.com
.
.
.



Click here for the Peru Food main page.

TAGS: Peru, Peruvian, food, cooking, cuisine, cocina, comida, gastronomía, peruana

8 comments:

Kelvin said...

Hello from New Zealand. I was searching the blog world when your blog popped up. It was very interesting & worth sharing, so I have added your blog to my Foodies Blog.
Click on my nmae if you want to have a look at my blogs.

::Alejandro:: said...

Thanks Kelvin for adding me to your Foodies Blog list!

Sury said...

Mango is my absolute favourite fruit. It has little competition in my opinion. It isn't for no reason that it's known as the king of fruits in India.

Interesting double-meaning of the phrase there. :)

::Alejandro:: said...

The king of fruits? We learn something every day, thanks for stopping by Sury.

Luis Colan said...

Uta que rico mango hermano! That's how they used to say it "en el rico Rimac"! I love mangos too, and yes it is very true, nothing like a Peruvian mango. Nice to see you blogging again.

::Alejandro:: said...

Nice to see you around here Luis!

Msabcmom said...

I haven't tasted the mangoes from Peru but I bet they are AMAZING. I LOVE mangoes!
Ciao!
-Kelly

::Alejandro:: said...

Kelly, they are! Thanks for stopping by.